Get Your Job!

Find Your Suitable Jobs, then earn MONEY from it!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

eXTReMe Tracker

I want to share my experience for those who are planning to go to China, whether it is for leisure nor business. Back in 2005, I had an assignment from my company to go to Shanghai, in order to inspect motorcycle components. So, I prepared everything that seemed necessary, paper works, tools, passport, ticket, etc. I was quite sure that everything will be all right, since I'm going to Shanghai, one of the big cities in China.

 

Then I flew to Shanghai. The airlines was okay (I flew with Cathay Pacific, the service was great). At the time I arrived, I hastily went to get a cab, to find me a hotel. This was when the nightmare began.

 

The taxi driver (most of them) couldn't speak English. Luckily he understood the meaning of "hotel". So he brought me to several hotels near the Pudong Airport, such as Yinbo, Yalong, and some others ( I can't remember the names). Guess what, they're all booked. It took me at least 4 hours just to find a hotel, until we got to Jin Jiang Hotel at Nanjing Road. I finally got a room to stay, although I had to pay a very expensive taxi bill. So, I asked the receptionist where to find money changer in that hotel. Then she answered, that they don't accept US Dollar due to currency fluctuations. Every transactions must be made in China Yuan. Unluckily, I didn't bring my credit card. So I went out and find me a money changer (which was quite difficult, because I couldn't speak Chinese). Finally I got one,  traded my US Dollar, then went back to the hotel.

 

The point is, it is better if you can find the place to stay overnight, before you go to Shanghai. You can use the online reservation agency, get as much information as you can, including airport pick-up, currency trading availability, room booking, and so on. It will help you a lot, especially if you don't understand Chinese.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Info Lowongan Kerja

Popular Article